Moderators: longhair, Copperhead, Leadhand, EM2

#963441 by ShoweminMD
Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:35 pm
It's been a pretty mild winter here in the mid Atlantic, hardly a flake of snow. This coming weekend temps are going to be in the 60's. I have a tee time to play "Whack - Fu#k" (otherwise known as golf) on Saturday and a ride planned for Sunday - yahoooooo!
#963494 by come&gone
Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:47 am
Oh and it is! Went to work early, but the new fiber optics they hooked up last night are having some issues. No computer, no work.
Came home and I'm blowing the sawdust out of the garage from the kitchen remodel. I can even tell my blue bike is blue. Gonna blow it off one last time and then hit it with California duster.
Wife is in town with my tech son-in-law buying a new laptop. When she gets home,1st ride of the year. :D
#963495 by Teqsun
Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:22 pm
come&gone wrote:Oh and it is! Went to work early, but the new fiber optics they hooked up last night are having some issues. No computer, no work.
Came home and I'm blowing the sawdust out of the garage from the kitchen remodel. I can even tell my blue bike is blue. Gonna blow it off one last time and then hit it with California duster.
Wife is in town with my tech son-in-law buying a new laptop. When she gets home,1st ride of the year. :D

Ride safe... not that you won't... but the cages probably aren't used to seeing motorcycles this time of year??
#963508 by come&gone
Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:34 am
Teqsun wrote:
come&gone wrote:Oh and it is! Went to work early, but the new fiber optics they hooked up last night are having some issues. No computer, no work.

Ride safe... not that you won't... but the cages probably aren't used to seeing motorcycles this time of year??

Funny you should mention that. Less than a mile from my house a car pulled out from a stop sign 1/2 way in to my lane before he saw me and stopped. I was on the brakes when he stopped.
It was my next door neighbor that I had just spoke to 5 minutes earlier. :shock:
#963509 by come&gone
Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:42 am
Lizzybear wrote:Good morning..

No riding here yet,still snow around :(

Ride safe and watch out for cagers

Riding again today :D Already 62 and calling for a high of 69. :shock: This is February, right? :?
#963511 by Lizzybear
Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:24 pm
come&gone wrote:
Lizzybear wrote:Good morning..

No riding here yet,still snow around :(

Ride safe and watch out for cagers

Riding again today :D Already 62 and calling for a high of 69. :shock: This is February, right? :?

It was the last time I checked :lol: :lol:
#963514 by come&gone
Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:41 pm
I guess this is more like "Good evening". Been riding a while, counting home made mini-bikes I would say 50 years or so. At least a few hundred thousand miles, don't know never really counted. Over three is a safe bet. But today I did something I've never done. Pulling out of a little bar about 15 miles from home I hit a chuck hole in the gravel parking lot. Next thing I know my kickstand is dragging down the road. Didn't have a bungie cord or even any zip ties or wire handy so the wife did one hell of a job holding it up with her boot toe on the way home. Got home & laid down in the driveway under the bike to check it out. Kickstand is fine and the spring is still hanging from the frame. Just came unhooked.

I'll re hook it tomorrow. Unless it's snowing, then it can wait. :lol:
#963516 by Lizzybear
Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:53 pm
come&gone wrote:I guess this is more like "Good evening". Been riding a while, counting home made mini-bikes I would say 50 years or so. At least a few hundred thousand miles, don't know never really counted. Over three is a safe bet. But today I did something I've never done. Pulling out of a little bar about 15 miles from home I hit a chuck hole in the gravel parking lot. Next thing I know my kickstand is dragging down the road. Didn't have a bungie cord or even any zip ties or wire handy so the wife did one hell of a job holding it up with her boot toe on the way home. Got home & laid down in the driveway under the bike to check it out. Kickstand is fine and the spring is still hanging from the frame. Just came unhooked.

I'll re hook it tomorrow. Unless it's snowing, then it can wait. :lol:

Thank goodness you and your wife are ok :m01: