Moderators: longhair, Copperhead, Leadhand, EM2

#972281 by Wanderlost
Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:27 pm
Another really, really nice thing about living in the Texas Hill Country:

Decorating outside in 70-80 degree weather, wearing shorts, then going for a ride in my lightweight riding duds.

Neener, neener, neener... :lick:
#972282 by come&gone
Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:49 pm
If it was that nice out here I wouldn't get in the spirit to put up Christmas decorations. Oh wait, I don't anyway. :oops:
Never mind :lol:
#972283 by winger
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:50 pm
I thought you left Christmas decorations up year round. More time to ride. :ride: :ride:
#972299 by Wanderlost
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:51 am
Place is too small to leave stuff up all year. I can also ride all year.

Well, I don't usually ride in July and August around here; just too bloody hot for the safety gear.
#972300 by randee
Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:19 pm
No snow up in the Hills yet - we might have a brown Christmas too.
#972307 by come&gone
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:56 pm
Heard a nice Christmas light story on the radio today. :D Guy was putting lights up from a ladder with his young son holding the ladder.
Young like 6-8 or something. Dad fell, hard, broken things, lights not up yet. :shock: Been there, not lights I was trimming tree branches on a Sunday with a beer in one hand and a saw in the other.
It seemed like a good idea at the time, did I mention the wind was blowing very hard at the time and my wife wasn't home to tell me it was a stupid idea? :lol:

Where was I going with this? Oh yea, there was a reported medical emergency, not me, I didn't tell anybody until the next day and it turns out it was only a fracture. Clutch hand though :(
The guy puttin up the lights got hauled away in an ambulance. But apparently just like around here you have to do a little overkill when it comes to arriving to a medical response.

When the guy got home from the hospital the fireman who had also arrived on the scene had put up his Christmas lights. :x-mas:

I think that's cool :D
#972321 by randee
Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:29 am
Nice. I'll share this story - My good deed done for the day
I was in Safeway last evening behind an old lady in the line at the checkout. Her bill came to $56.83 but when she counted out all her change she only had just under $50.
I thought she was probably someone’s granny and I’d like to think someone would have helped my granny out when she was alive.
She didn’t want me to help her but I insisted, and in no time we had all her groceries back on the shelves. :)
(lol - stolen from internet)
#972325 by come&gone
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:05 pm
randee wrote:Nice. I'll share this story - My good deed done for the day
I was in Safeway last evening behind an old lady in the line at the checkout. Her bill came to $56.83 but when she counted out all her change she only had just under $50.
I thought she was probably someone’s granny and I’d like to think someone would have helped my granny out when she was alive.
She didn’t want me to help her but I insisted, and in no time we had all her groceries back on the shelves. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
#972328 by winger
Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:48 pm

Nice of you Randee. You must of been a boy scout. :roll:
#972388 by Sancho
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:30 pm

Randee, Randee, a lump of coal for you this Christmas.