Moderators: longhair, Copperhead, Leadhand, EM2

#973056 by winger
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:36 am
Shopping for motorcycle insurance bundled with home and autos. Not many insurance companies bundle all of these. Does anyone have their insurance bundled all together and if so with what company?
#973058 by come&gone
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:37 pm
Nope, I used to, but Farmers dropped motorcycle coverage a few years ago.
#973059 by Wanderlost
Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:13 pm
Haven't encountered anyone I like that does such a bundle.
#973107 by hawk_56
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:45 pm
I have my house, motorcycles, and cars with State Farm. The more you have, the greater the discount. Really pleased with them for the last 38 years!
Hawk
#973113 by winger
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:26 pm
ChuckieBrown wrote:Safeco....house...two cars ..two bikes and a side by side.

Thanks. That company had not come up in my search.
#973114 by winger
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:26 pm
hawk_56 wrote:I have my house, motorcycles, and cars with State Farm. The more you have, the greater the discount. Really pleased with them for the last 38 years!
Hawk

Thanks.
#973115 by George
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:35 pm
I used to have State Farm for buildings, house and cars. When I bought a building out of state, I found out that my State Farm agent was only licensed in my home state.

Upon further inquiring, it cost less for insurance from an insurance agency that quotes different insurance companies.

I was quoted less than half of my State Farm price for two vehicles.

I dropped State Farm completely and added business insurance. I can easily talk to the main agent and anyone in the office support group. I can get insurance in almost any state through one agency.

With State Farm I was always talking to a person sitting at a desk answering the phone... never the "agent".
#973130 by SturgisSoundguy
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:22 pm
Farmers Insurance does/used to. I say does because my motorcycle/autos/homes are with Farmers. My wife's bike which was purchased later was sent through Farmers motorcycle insurance (Foremost) by itself and can't be added to everything else.
#973134 by winger
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:06 pm
So far the home and auto rates with Farm Bureau are the best. There will probably be a rate increase when the renewal comes in. Farm Bureau doesn't insure motorcycles so I think Safeco, or Foremost may get my business. Still waiting on quotes.
#973195 by winger
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:54 pm
I always shop with independent agents. I happen to be a member of the Farm Bureau. Every time a policy comes due, I shop it.
#973418 by winger
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:11 pm
Finally settled on Foremost insurance for the bike. Safeco had a good rate but I was able to increase coverage on the home and autos through Farmers at less money. Foremost is in the Farmers insurance family and I bought an umbrella policy that covers all (home, auto, and bike) over and above the policy limits. I still saved about $200.