Moderators: longhair, Copperhead, Leadhand, EM2

#973973 by mraudit2000
Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:41 pm
With the world more tech savvy and people searching for things to do and to stay in Sturgis, why is it so hard for so many places to update their websites? Now there are a couple that keep up; Iron Horse Saloon, Sturgis.com, Full Throttle, and the Buffalo Chip. If I was a business owner, I would link my site to the main rally sites and keep my website updated.
This will be our fifth year in a row going and some sites are the same as they were years ago. Some campground sites say welcome to the 73rd rally or have pics from 2011 and nothing recent. If you have an updated shower house or bar, don't you think you would promote it? Trying to find cost and pictures for a campsite on their own website is a bitch. Thank God we have a better idea of the area and where we would like to stay and not stay, but its unreal how many businesses around Sturgis do not promote the rally since they probably make their nut for the year during that week.
#973992 by randee
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:59 pm
You should hear some of the squawk about paying to update their sites!
#973998 by EM2
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:31 pm
Two fold response response here;

First, as a former business owner, it is imperative to keep updated with social media these days. The cost of doing so will be repaid in the generation of new business unless you really suck as a business owner.

Second, I don't agree totally with the price hikes during an event, but on the flip slip, a lot of folks don't see the hikes that these business owners endure during this time also. Extra labor, food and beverage cost, higher insurance rates, higher cost of maintenance, etc. but we all expect $2 beers, $3 burgers and $35 camping spots. Think about it!
#974002 by come&gone
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:56 pm
EM2 wrote:Two fold response response here;

First, as a former business owner, it is imperative to keep updated with social media these days. The cost of doing so will be repaid in the generation of new business unless you really suck as a business owner.

Second, I don't agree totally with the price hikes during an event, but on the flip slip, a lot of folks don't see the hikes that these business owners endure during this time also. Extra labor, food and beverage cost, higher insurance rates, higher cost of maintenance, etc. but we all expect $2 beers, $3 burgers and $35 camping spots. Think about it!

I'm willing to compromise. $4 beers, $6 burgers and $200 4 star motels. :m22: :lol:
#974005 by EM2
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:26 am
come&gone wrote:
EM2 wrote:Two fold response response here;

I'm willing to compromise. $4 beers, $6 burgers and $200 4 star motels. :m22: :lol:

:lol: What was I thinking. Your's is a more realistic expectation..... :wink: