Moderators: longhair, Copperhead, Leadhand, EM2

#970803 by Lizzybear
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:44 am
We finally got some rain and the temps have dropped considerably..Cool and my kind of weather :D
#970810 by winger
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:54 pm
Lizzybear wrote:We finally got some rain and the temps have dropped considerably..Cool and my kind of weather :D

I didn't realize Irma extended that far. Hope this helps with the fires. :thumbsup:
#970811 by EM2
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:08 pm
sacto wrote:
Lizzybear wrote:sacto,hope you are ok..I heard there was a fire there and people where being evacuated....

sorry got lost up on the north coast surfing , paddle boarding , and a little riding , back now still no house plans :shock: :evil: and it sept 11 ..... maybe on my way to florida , my brother lives in key west and runs 6 marinas , they weathered the storm on the third floor of the bb&t bank in key west , still lots of flooding but they did pull a zodiac boat into the lobby so they were able to get out and look around today , could not get to their house but pretty sure its gone , the marina in key west has about 250 boats in it, and he said at least half are sunk , i guess the eye went right over them so they got blasted on the front side and the backside winds were a constant 132 mph :shock:


Glad your brother is still here with us Sacto. As :lilangel: said, all the material stuff can be sacrificed or replaced.

As the great Ron White states in one of his acts, and not verbatim, but it goes sort of like: " I don't understand these people who want to stand outside during a hurricane. It's not the 100+ mile in hour winds that are going to kill you, It's the Volvo's flying through the air that's going to kill you..."
#970816 by come&gone
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:03 pm
EM2 wrote:
sacto wrote:
Lizzybear wrote:sacto,hope you are ok..I heard there was a fire there and people where being evacuated....

sorry got lost up on the north coast surfing , paddle boarding , and a little riding , back now still no house plans :shock: :evil: and it sept 11 ..... maybe on my way to florida , my brother lives in key west and runs 6 marinas , they weathered the storm on the third floor of the bb&t bank in key west , still lots of flooding but they did pull a zodiac boat into the lobby so they were able to get out and look around today , could not get to their house but pretty sure its gone , the marina in key west has about 250 boats in it, and he said at least half are sunk , i guess the eye went right over them so they got blasted on the front side and the backside winds were a constant 132 mph :shock:


Glad your brother is still here with us Sacto. As :lilangel: said, all the material stuff can be sacrificed or replaced.

As the great Ron White states in one of his acts, and not verbatim, but it goes sort of like: " I don't understand these people who want to stand outside during a hurricane. It's not the 100+ mile in hour winds that are going to kill you, It's the Volvo's flying through the air that's going to kill you..."


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Fu-v490-c

Not my favorite version, but damn funny. :lol:
#970829 by Lizzybear
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:13 am
winger wrote:
Lizzybear wrote:We finally got some rain and the temps have dropped considerably..Cool and my kind of weather :D

I didn't realize Irma extended that far. Hope this helps with the fires. :thumbsup:


She didn`t make it all the way here,but the cool weather may have come from that system..I don`t think it did but who knows..Mother Nature is not a happy lady these days it seems...
#970833 by sacto
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:45 pm
come&gone wrote:
sacto wrote:I'm thinking a little less than a year to sturgis :shrug:


Are you kidding? It's only 10+ months :D :lol:

all ready :shock:
#970834 by sacto
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:52 pm
Lizzybear wrote:
sacto wrote:
Lizzybear wrote:sacto,hope you are ok..I heard there was a fire there and people where being evacuated....

sorry got lost up on the north coast surfing , paddle boarding , and a little riding , back now still no house plans :shock: :evil: and it sept 11 ..... maybe on my way to florida , my brother lives in key west and runs 6 marinas , they weathered the storm on the third floor of the bb&t bank in key west , still lots of flooding but they did pull a zodiac boat into the lobby so they were able to get out and look around today , could not get to their house but pretty sure its gone , the marina in key west has about 250 boats in it, and he said at least half are sunk , i guess the eye went right over them so they got blasted on the front side and the backside winds were a constant 132 mph :shock:



Sad they lost their house but thankful that they are okay..Things can be replaced..What a scary place this world is becoming,weather is crazy all over ..

the house survived a little damage but not gone like they thought , the marinas are a different story pretty much destroyed , no cell , power or water but they stocked up before and his wife is a er nurse so they have access to the hospital and i think they have the generator up and running there...
#970835 by sacto
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:01 pm
EM2 wrote:
sacto wrote:
Lizzybear wrote:sacto,hope you are ok..I heard there was a fire there and people where being evacuated....

sorry got lost up on the north coast surfing , paddle boarding , and a little riding , back now still no house plans :shock: :evil: and it sept 11 ..... maybe on my way to florida , my brother lives in key west and runs 6 marinas , they weathered the storm on the third floor of the bb&t bank in key west , still lots of flooding but they did pull a zodiac boat into the lobby so they were able to get out and look around today , could not get to their house but pretty sure its gone , the marina in key west has about 250 boats in it, and he said at least half are sunk , i guess the eye went right over them so they got blasted on the front side and the backside winds were a constant 132 mph :shock:


Glad your brother is still here with us Sacto. As :lilangel: said, all the material stuff can be sacrificed or replaced.

As the great Ron White states in one of his acts, and not verbatim, but it goes sort of like: " I don't understand these people who want to stand outside during a hurricane. It's not the 100+ mile in hour winds that are going to kill you, It's the Volvo's flying through the air that's going to kill you..."

yes thanx , he did send me a photo of a telephone pole half way through a concrete wall , it will most likely take more than a volvo to get ride of him he's a ornery basterd :lol:
#970836 by sacto
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:04 pm
Lizzybear wrote:
winger wrote:
Lizzybear wrote:We finally got some rain and the temps have dropped considerably..Cool and my kind of weather :D

I didn't realize Irma extended that far. Hope this helps with the fires. :thumbsup:


She didn`t make it all the way here,but the cool weather may have come from that system..I don`t think it did but who knows..Mother Nature is not a happy lady these days it seems...

you need to have a little talk with her and get her straightened out 8) i bet she will listen to you :lol:
#970843 by come&gone
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:18 pm
sacto wrote:three hundred and something 8)


Close enough :!: I'll drink locally until it's time to once again buy grossly overpriced warm beers. :lol:
#970859 by Lizzybear
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:00 am
sacto wrote:
Lizzybear wrote:
winger wrote:
Lizzybear wrote:We finally got some rain and the temps have dropped considerably..Cool and my kind of weather :D

I didn't realize Irma extended that far. Hope this helps with the fires. :thumbsup:


She didn`t make it all the way here,but the cool weather may have come from that system..I don`t think it did but who knows..Mother Nature is not a happy lady these days it seems...

you need to have a little talk with her and get her straightened out 8) i bet she will listen to you :lol:


Mother Nature is a force to be reckoned with..Not sure I could tackle her :lol: :lol:
#970869 by Lizzybear
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:58 am
Good morning..Hope everyone is doing well..It gets even quieter on the boards here once Sturgis is over with..Just us diehards around :lol: :lol:

:lilangel:
#970882 by Lizzybear
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:38 am
Good morning :morning:

Off to work soon..I am working all weekend..Keeps :lilangel: out of trouble :lol: :lol:
#970885 by come&gone
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:44 am
Lizzybear wrote:Good morning..Hope everyone is doing well..It gets even quieter on the boards here once Sturgis is over with..Just us diehards around :lol: :lol:

:lilangel:


I know the feeling. Good morning Lizzy!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest