BBOOTS

A Moderated Message Board 

Moderators: longhair, Copperhead, Leadhand, EM2

#976416  by Lizzybear
 Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:55 am
WyomingRider wrote:Our riding friends made the trip here for the weekend (they live 250 miles away). We went for a ride through the Snowy Range, over a 10,600 foot pass on on to Laramie for lunch. Then we rode into Colorado via Woods Landing, the highest point on this highway about 9,000 feet and then back home. It was a beautiful day for a ride (a little hot in the the lower areas and 60's in the mountains). We got rained on a few times but never got soaked. It was a great day spent with great friends. We will be spending time with them at Sturgis again this year which I am looking forward to.
Nice to see a post from you..Have a great time in Sturgis..
 #976419  by winger
 Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:21 am
Another fine day for :ride: .
 #976423  by Sancho
 Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:36 am
WyomingRider wrote:Our riding friends made the trip here for the weekend (they live 250 miles away). We went for a ride through the Snowy Range, over a 10,600 foot pass on on to Laramie for lunch. Then we rode into Colorado via Woods Landing, the highest point on this highway about 9,000 feet and then back home. It was a beautiful day for a ride (a little hot in the the lower areas and 60's in the mountains). We got rained on a few times but never got soaked. It was a great day spent with great friends. We will be spending time with them at Sturgis again this year which I am looking forward to.
This sounds like a great bucket list ride. I have been checking out this area for places to visit and have it on my list.
 #976437  by Lizzybear
 Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:14 am
Good morning ,

Nice sunny day here and the heat is back 8)
 #976442  by WyomingRider
 Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:06 am
Sancho wrote:
This sounds like a great bucket list ride. I have been checking out this area for places to visit and have it on my list.
We live in Rawlins which is in south-central Wyoming on I-80. The ride I described is one we try to take a couple times a year and is breathtaking. Another loop ride we like to take at least once is the Steamboat loop. We ride to Walden then over Rabbit Ears pass to Steamboat where we eat lunch. Then we travel to Craig and turn north to Baggs and then back home. It is about 350 miles so is a full day ride if you stop often to enjoy the scenery. A few weeks ago, we trailered the bike to Greybull, in northern Wyoming. We rode over the Big Horns to Sheridan and Buffalo and then back over the Big Horns to Worland and back to Greybull. The Big Horns are beautiful and very much worth the time spent. After Sturgis we will go back and ride the Beartooth, perhaps doing like we did last year and spending the night in Cooke City so we can ride through Yellowstone the next day. Life is good!
 #976463  by come&gone
 Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:40 am
Three weeks from today and I'm on my way! :D
 #976468  by winger
 Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:08 pm
One week (7 days) until I leave on my motorcycle trip. Here I come Million Dollar Highway, Grand Canyon, National Park, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Escalante National Monument, Capitol Reef National Park, and North Rim of Black Canyon. There will be points of interest on the way out and on the way back.
 #976476  by Lizzybear
 Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:58 am
No matter where anyone is going,have safe travels..
 #976481  by winger
 Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:11 pm
Lizzybear wrote:No matter where anyone is going,have safe travels..
Travel safe yourownself. :lol:
 #976489  by Lizzybear
 Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:23 am
Only travels for us this year is the move..Looks like that will be July 30 :D
 #976494  by Sancho
 Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:36 am
Lizzybear wrote:Only travels for us this year is the move..Looks like that will be July 30 :D
Just in time to visit Sturgis on your way East. Come South to Spokane and then follow I-90 back to Sturgis.
 #976497  by winger
 Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:32 pm
Lizzybear wrote:Only travels for us this year is the move..Looks like that will be July 30 :D
Go on. Move back to the flat lands. How much further will you be from Sturgis?
 #976503  by Lizzybear
 Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:12 am
winger wrote:
We will actually be closer to Sturgis..We will live about 25 miles north of Regina,same place were we lived before..
 #976508  by winger
 Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:36 am
Lizzybear wrote:
winger wrote:
We will actually be closer to Sturgis..We will live about 25 miles north of Regina,same place were we lived before..
I think we were near, or went through, Regina on our return from Alaska last year. I will check.
 #976525  by winger
 Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:03 am
winger wrote:
Lizzybear wrote:
winger wrote:
I think we were near, or went through, Regina on our return from Alaska last year. I will check.
We came down through Moose Jaw west of Regina. :wave:
 #976541  by winger
 Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:27 am
Lizzybear wrote:Moose Jaw is a nice little town..
We thought so. :m35: